Join us for a special class
GET YOUR “PLAN B” IN ORDER…..
because it can change in a split second!
Wednesday, May 10, 2023
11:30 AM – 1:30 PM
Successful Aging AZ
…where we provide real tools for everyday life!
With passion and love we create awareness and provide education, targeted direction, resources and support to individuals and families as they age, adapt to changes in health, and navigate dementia.
Through identifying those touchstone turning points to help you know when it’s time for a change we can guide you through critical decision making and help you create a care team. We help you establish the proactive preparation you need today to help keep you from a completely reactive rescue tomorrow.
My name is Elaine Poker-Yount and I am the Founder and Principal of Successful Aging AZ. My primary goal is to provide awareness more than anything else. People (all of us) don’t know what we don’t know. And in the world of aging and eldercare, most of us don’t stop to consider the things that really get us off track. We plan for life’s big events like having money and legal protection, and someone to step in for us when we’re challenged. But what’s typically not discussed are the ins and outs of everyday life and the happenings within those days.
We don’t think about, much less talk about:
- Whos’ going to drive me around when I break a hip, or aren’t allowed to drive anymore?
- Who’s going to take Dad’s car keys away?
- Who’s going to care for my parents now that I’m going through chemo?
- Who’s going to help me manage my home and my pets if I’m rehabbing from a fall or unexpected surgery?
- Who can stay with my Mom now that I have to go back to the office after working at home for so long? She hates people in the house.
- I’ve read so many things to help me understand my husband’s dementia, but I still can’t handle so many of the different daily struggles. I’m exhausted!
After 25+ years of working in the 55+ industry, I’ve found there are options and choices and ways to be more prepared. Theirs is a science to getting older. In the world of dementia there’s also a science to caregiving at times. Proactively preparing can and will create less stress, less confusion and provide a roadmap of sorts to aging more successfully. I want to share that with you. I want to make it easier for you and easier for your family.
Contact me for a FREE 30 Minute Consultation!
Successful Aging is a mindset more than anything else. It encompasses awareness, adaptability, acceptance of reality and personal accountability.
This program is specifically designed for those who are caregivers, and those who want to stay as independent as possible for as long as possible. Who specifically?
- Individuals – with and without families
- Couples – with and without children
- Caregivers – spouses, partners, siblings, adult children, dear friends and good neighbors
- ANYONE living with, caring for, or loving someone living with Dementia
We assist you in fine-tuning your plan. Our process helping you to become successful in your journey begins with awareness that develops into a proactive, attainable plan. I am all about the practical. Let’s break it down and figure out what you need. We start with what are you trying to accomplish? For starters I provide:
- An outline of what you need to enable you to get all your ducks in a row specific to your unique needs.
- Dementia understanding – including what your care partner is experiencing, the importance of your role as a caregiver and techniques for dementia care.